Resource Management Solicitor
5 – 7 years PQE
Duncan Cotterill has five offices in five distinct markets underpinned by an energetic, diverse and collegial partnership.
We put a lot of time and thought into making Duncan Cotterill a great firm to work for – a firm where you enjoy work, you are challenged, you are supported, and you achieve.
Our Resource Management team are specialist lawyers who advise across all sectors – rural, coastal, marine, industrial, and urban. The team deal with a varied range of work from infrastructure and development projects, planning and policy, resource consent and plan change applications, environmental due diligence, enforcement, and risk assessment in the commercial and rural space.
Our clients include public sector bodies, local government entities, and well-known New Zealand businesses in the agriculture and tourism sectors through to property developers and family farms. These are successful, ambitious and driven enterprises, they think hard about what they’re doing, and they value that we do the same on their behalf.
We’re looking for a talented and experienced senior solicitor or associate with resource management experience to join our busy team. The right candidate will have a sound understanding of the resource management processes, litigation experience, and knowledge of the key planning documents, particularly in Christchurch | Ōtautahi where the position is based.
We also are also seeking a person with a self-starting initiative and an ability to think outside the box to deliver client focussed solutions.
We want someone who:
• is capable with a strong work ethic
• has quality drafting and advocacy skills
• has a natural commercial awareness and aptitude
• will build sound relationships and deliver excellent client service
In return we can offer a number of opportunities to:
• work closely with our partners who work with an accessible, open door policy
• receive multiple levels of support from peers, colleagues, partners and professionals
• deal with interesting work and a wide range of different clients
• access ongoing training and development
• be immersed in our fantastic culture, something that we’re very proud of
• be exposed to great professional support networks
With stunning modern offices just a short walk from Hagley Park, working alongside a talented team of lawyers – this is the perfect opportunity to advance your career in a supportive environment.
To apply please email your CV, cover letter and academic transcript to email@example.com